- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Part your hair all the way around in a big horseshoe shape about 1- 1 1/2 inches above your ear. Clip that section up.
- French braid both sides and get them to meet in the middle in the back of your head. Take both of the loose ends and make a teeny tiny bun. If you need hairspray to make the bun stay, give it a little shot and then bobby pin. It’s TOTALLY okay if it’s a bit messy. It’s going to get covered up anyway.
- Let down all the hair from the section on top and take a bit of texturizing spray to it (we used THIS ONE which is a bit expensive, but you could also use THIS ONE which I also love!).
- Tease the crown area for some volume and then smooth it over with your comb.
- Give the top layer a light veil of hairspray.
- Now start twisting the sides back as you see Ali doing in photo 7. Pin the twist to the braid as you go. NOTE: That’s the whole point of the braid! You’re using it to secure the hair! That’s the trick to getting short hair “up”, otherwise everything tends to fall out or not reach.
- Repeat the same twist + pin method to the other side. Secure the twist by pinning it to the braid as you go.
- Once both sections reach the back, roll those two “tails” you have left over from the twists. I prefer to roll upward, but you can roll sideways or down if you prefer. Just be sure to check your work in the mirror as you go. Look at it from the front, the back and the side to make sure it looks balanced! If you have a hard time rolling the leftover pieces (aka: if they’re too short) you can always just tuck them into the braid. If the hair is too soft, spray it a little with some hairspray. YOU CAN DO IT!
- Once you’re done, give it a good veil of a strong-hold hairspray.
primavera // watch in full
Reason #1,324,789 of why I love this show.
This was a casual side conversation between Bashir and Sisko about a fellow crew member, completely unrelated to the episode’s plot, and its just so sweet.
It’s nice to know that if you’re a pregnant father-to-be on DS9, your buddies Julian and Miles will build you a hatchling pond, buy you baby clothes, and throw you a shower eagerly attended by the station’s commanding officer (who was practically beaming with joy when he found out that you were expecting).
And they speak of it so casually with no judgement! Love this!
OH MY GOD. I DID NOT KNOW THIS.
Vilix’pran gets mentioned a couple more times on the show, and we find out that:
A) he buds twice more, and had quadruplets during his second budding and an unspecified number for his third, bringing the total number of babies to between eight and 18
B) Kira says she’ll have to assign him bigger quarters after the third budding
C) and the babies have wings that can get tangled up with each other when they play together
D) AND ALSO that Vilix’pran gets promoted from Ensign to Lieutenant (so clearly Starfleet has some rockin’ maternity/paternity policies and thus parenthood is not an obstacle to career advancement)
The more you know. :D
Well that got exponentially more adorable and awesome quickly.
thirty-one states and a federal district (1/2)
ENDLESS LIST OF FAVORITE MOVIES
the parent trap ± “So, if… if your mom is my mom and my dad is your dad, and we were both born on October 11th, then you and I are like sisters!” “Sisters? We’re like twins!”
Bilbo meets the Company. XD
pictures not mine